Toools value your privacy and therefore only collect basic information to obtain statistics to improve our website and our services and to define the value of this blog.
In short, we only use Google Analytics with anonymized IP addresses for statistics and Hotjar to optimize the user experience.
The following types of personal information is collected and stored:
- general information including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, preferred language, operating system, device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers)
- general information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths
- information, such as your email address, that you enter in order to get the newsletter
- any other personal information that you send us
The personal information is used for:
- administering the website and business
- sending the newsletter
- providing third parties with general statistical information about users to define the value of this blog (but third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
- keeping the website secure and prevent fraud
Your personal information will not be supplied to any third party for their or any other third party’s marketing purposes.
International data transfers:
- Information that is collected may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
Retaining personal information:
- This section sets out Toools data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with the legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that is processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Security of your personal information:
- Toools will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- Toools will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) harddrives.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and Toools cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy.
- You may instruct Toools to provide you with any personal information that is held about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- You may instruct Toools at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
This website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
More about cookies
This website uses google cookies. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that Google stores about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We may use both session and persistent cookies on this website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies — for example:
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer — for example:
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/ kb/278835 )